On Tuesday 2 Dec charities from across the UK will take part in #GivingTuesday.Read more
Can we help you?
Nightmares? Flashbacks, Depression? Sleepless nights? If you're a UK Armed Forces Veteran, maybe we can help.
Get in touch
Join us on #GivingTuesday
Find out more
Festival of Lessons and Carols
Join us for our annual Carol Service led by the Royal Hospital Chelsea Chapel Choir
Buy your tickets here
Combat Stress is the UK's leading Veterans' mental health charity.
Mental ill-health affects ex-Service men and women of all ages. Right now, we're supporting over 5,600 Veterans aged from 19 to 97. We're a vital lifeline for these men and women, and their families.
Our treatment and support services are always free of charge, and are proven to work.
Latest TweetsTweets by @CombatStress
Symptoms of Trauma
People react to traumatic experiences in different ways. Here are some symptoms you may recognise:
- Work-related or relationship problems
- Feeling numb and empty
- Feeling suicidal
- Self harm and self-destructive tendencies
- Being easily moved to tears
- Avoidance of people and places
- Panic attacks/anxiety/depression/mood swings
- Feeling isolated
- Frequent periods of withdrawal into oneself
- Anger or aggressive behaviour
- Feeling distrustful and suspicious/blaming others
- Misuse of alcohol/drugs/gambling and/or food
- Seeking out high-risk/dangerous pursuits