Dave Marsden presented with the Paolo Pertica Award at the 5th International City Health Conference.Read more
Combat Stress is the UK's leading veterans' mental health charity. We treat a range of mental health conditions including PTSD, depression and anxiety.
Mental health issues can affect ex-servicemen and women of all ages. Right now, we have more than 6,000 veterans registered with us for support. We're a vital lifeline for these veterans, and their families.
Our treatment and support services are always free of charge for veterans. We are Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered and the NHS England PTSD specialist treatment provider for veterans.
Latest TweetsTweets by @CombatStress
Symptoms of Trauma
People react to traumatic experiences in different ways. Here are some symptoms you may recognise:
- Work-related or relationship problems
- Feeling numb and empty
- Feeling suicidal
- Self harm and self-destructive tendencies
- Being easily moved to tears
- Avoidance of people and places
- Panic attacks/anxiety/depression/mood swings
- Feeling isolated
- Frequent periods of withdrawal into oneself
- Anger or aggressive behaviour
- Feeling distrustful and suspicious/blaming others
- Misuse of alcohol/drugs/gambling and/or food
- Seeking out high-risk/dangerous pursuits