Runners in the London and Brighton marathons have raised thousands of pounds for Combat StressRead more
Can we help you?
Nightmares? Flashbacks, Depression? Sleepless nights? If you're a UK Armed Forces Veteran, maybe we can help.
Get in touch
Rock star honours the injured
Combat Stress is benefiting from the proceeds of a new photobook by singer Bryan Adams.
Find out more
The impact of war is just as devastating today
Actress Joanne Froggatt becomes ambassador for Combat Stress
Find out more
Combat Stress is the UK's leading charity that specialises in the treatment and support of British Armed Forces Veterans who have mental health problems.
Mental ill-health affects ex-Service men and women of all ages. Right now, we're supporting over 5,000 Veterans aged from 20 to 101. We're a vital lifeline for these men and women, and their families.
Our treatment and support services are always free of charge, and are proven to work.
Latest TweetsTweets by @CombatStress
Symptoms of Trauma
People react to traumatic experiences in different ways. Here are some symptoms you may recognise:
- Work-related or relationship problems
- Feeling numb and empty
- Feeling suicidal
- Self harm and self-destructive tendencies
- Being easily moved to tears
- Avoidance of people and places
- Panic attacks/anxiety/depression/mood swings
- Feeling isolated
- Frequent periods of withdrawal into oneself
- Anger or aggressive behaviour
- Feeling distrustful and suspicious/blaming others
- Misuse of alcohol/drugs/gambling and/or food
- Seeking out high-risk/dangerous pursuits