Registered Mental Health Nurse Band 6 – Development Opportunity
Status: Fixed term (6 months)
Salary: Band 6, £27,229 - 36,465 per annum pro-rata dependent on experience
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Based at our Hollybush House Treatment Centre in Ayr, Scotland, KA6 7EA
Combat Stress was established in 1919. We are the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health. For almost a century, we’ve helped former servicemen and women deal with trauma-related mental health conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression.
Today we provide a range of free services including short-stay clinical treatment, a specialist PTSD Intensive Treatment Programme, Occupational Therapy, Community support and a free 24-hour Helpline. We’re on a mission to raise awareness that invisible injuries can be just as hard to cope with as physical ones. So, when a veteran is having a tough time, we’re there to help tackle the past and to take on the future.
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for a committed Registered Mental Health Nurse currently working as a band 5 to work as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team in a Band 6 development role . The post holder should have at least 2 years post registration experience and should be looking to progress into a senior role. The post holder will be innovative, enthusiastic and flexible, and able to work both autonomously and as part of the team.
Key elements of the role will include;
- Ensuring compliance with Care Commission essential standards
- Taking charge of the day to day operation of the nursing team, deputising for the Senior Nurse in their absence
- Offering line management, supervision and appraisals within the nursing team
- Contributing to the development of the Service within a culture of change
- Promotion of the recovery agenda throughout the Organisation
Nurses within the charity are professionally managed with appropriate levels of supervision and peer support.
What we offer
You will work within a charity that is growing and evolving at an exponential rate for the climate and one that has a fantastic cause and committed follower base.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with an increase upon 5 years of continuous service
- competitive stakeholder pension scheme - contributions matched up to 10%
- childcare vouchers
- discount shopping
- cycle to work scheme
How to apply
For further information about the role please contact Clare Armstrong, Treatment Centre Manager (Clare.Armstrong@combatstress.org.uk).
Get help now
0800 138 1619
Call our free 24 hour helpline for veterans and serving military personnel and their families.