Registered Mental Health Nurse
Salary: Band 5, £22,681-29,466 per annum dependent on experience
Based at our Tyrwhitt House Treatment Centre in Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 0BX
Combat Stress was established in 1919. We are the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health. For a century, we’ve helped former servicemen and women deal with trauma-related mental health conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression.
Today we provide a range of free services including short-stay clinical treatment, a specialist PTSD Intensive Treatment Programme, Occupational Therapy, Community support and a free 24-hour Helpline. We’re on a mission to raise awareness that invisible injuries can be just as hard to cope with as physical ones. So, when a veteran is having a tough time, we’re there to help tackle the past and to take on the future.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for committed Registered Mental Health Nurses to work as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team. The post holders will be innovative, enthusiastic and flexible and able to work both autonomously and as part of the team.
Key elements of the role will include;
- Contributing to the whole system treatment planning process. Developing, implementing and evaluating treatment and encouraging and supporting service users to define their treatment needs
- Promotion of the recovery agenda throughout the Organisation
- Facilitating and co-facilitating psycho-educational groups
- Promoting the health and wellbeing of veterans within a safe and therapeutic environment
- Offering evidenced based key worker interventions on a regular basis
Nurses within the charity are professionally managed with appropriate levels of supervision and peer support.
What we offer
You will work within a charity that is growing and evolving at an exponential rate for the climate and one that has a fantastic cause and committed follower base.
In addition, we offer the following benefits;
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with an increase upon 5 years of continuous service
- competitive stakeholder pension scheme - contributions matched up to 10%
- discount shopping
- cycle to work scheme
How to apply
To apply, please download the application form and return along with an up to date CV to;
email@example.com for vacancies at Tyrwhitt House
For further information about the roles please contact;
Craig McMillan, Deputy Treatment Centre Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This role will be subject to a DBS check
Get help now
0800 138 1619
Call our free 24 hour helpline for veterans and serving military personnel and their families.