Top tips to help you through Christmas
Christmas is a time for celebration, yet it can be difficult for former servicemen and women with mental health problems.
Some may feel isolated and lonely, others may feel overwhelmed by celebrations with family and friends and not have the time they might need for themselves.
Our specialist clinical team has put together some advice on how veterans and their families can manage the festive season. In fact it’s advice many of us can use.
- Taking time out for yourself by meditating or practising mindfulness
- Getting outdoors for a walk or activity
- Relaxing with a bath, hot chocolate or playing music
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine
- Eating the right ‘good’ food
You can see the full list of tips here.
They’ll be shared on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts from 15 December through to Christmas Day.