Today sees the release of a report into the number of Falkland Veterans who have committed suicide.Read more
Can we help you?
Nightmares? Flashbacks, Depression? Sleepless nights? If you're a UK Armed Forces Veteran, maybe we can help.
Get in touch
Sir Patrick Stewart
Star of stage and screen offers his support to Combat Stress after learning about his father’s Second World War experience
What Sir Patrick had to say...
Walk on Wales
We're proud to benefit from 'Walk on Wales' - an 870-mile walk along the Welsh coastline
Find out more / Cael gwybod mwy
Combat Stress is the UK's leading charity that specialises in the treatment and support of British Armed Forces Veterans who have mental health problems.
Mental ill-health affects ex-Service men and women of all ages. Right now, we're supporting over 5,000 Veterans aged from 20 to 101. We're a vital lifeline for these men and women, and their families.
Our treatment and support services are always free of charge, and are proven to work.
Symptoms of Trauma
People react to traumatic experiences in different ways. Here are some symptoms you may recognise:
- Work-related or relationship problems
- Feeling numb and empty
- Feeling suicidal
- Self harm and self-destructive tendencies
- Being easily moved to tears
- Avoidance of people and places
- Panic attacks/anxiety/depression/mood swings
- Feeling isolated
- Frequent periods of withdrawal into oneself
- Anger or aggressive behaviour
- Feeling distrustful and suspicious/blaming others
- Misuse of alcohol/drugs/gambling and/or food
- Seeking out high-risk/dangerous pursuits