Celebrate Christmas at The Combat Stress Festival of Lessons and Carols at Royal Hospital Chelsea.Read more
Can we help you?
Nightmares? Flashbacks, Depression? Sleepless nights? If you're a UK Armed Forces Veteran, maybe we can help.
Get in touch
Festival of Lessons & Carols
Join us at the Royal Hospital Chelsea on 11 December.
Buy tickets now
Rock star honours the injured
Combat Stress is benefiting from the proceeds of a new photobook by singer Bryan Adams.
Find out more
Candle of Hope Appeal
Donate to our Candle of Hope Appeal to help Veterans find a safe place at Christmas
Combat Stress is the UK's leading charity that specialises in the treatment and support of British Armed Forces Veterans who have mental health problems.
Mental ill-health affects ex-Service men and women of all ages. Right now, we're supporting over 5,000 Veterans aged from 20 to 101. We're a vital lifeline for these men and women, and their families.
Our treatment and support services are always free of charge, and are proven to work.
Latest TweetsTweets by @CombatStress
Symptoms of Trauma
People react to traumatic experiences in different ways. Here are some symptoms you may recognise:
- Work-related or relationship problems
- Feeling numb and empty
- Feeling suicidal
- Self harm and self-destructive tendencies
- Being easily moved to tears
- Avoidance of people and places
- Panic attacks/anxiety/depression/mood swings
- Feeling isolated
- Frequent periods of withdrawal into oneself
- Anger or aggressive behaviour
- Feeling distrustful and suspicious/blaming others
- Misuse of alcohol/drugs/gambling and/or food
- Seeking out high-risk/dangerous pursuits