We look after Veterans who come to us with a wide range of mental health issues. We are not just concerned with the care of those suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), although this is a predominant condition within our patient group.
People react to traumatic experiences in different ways.
Here are some symptoms you may recognise:
- Work-related or relationship problems
- Feeling numb and empty
- Feeling suicidal
- Self harm and self-destructive tendencies
- Being easily moved to tears
- Avoidance of people and places
- Panic attacks/anxiety/depression/mood swings
- Feeling isolated
- Frequent periods of withdrawal into oneself
- Anger or aggressive behaviour
- Feeling distrustful and suspicious/blaming others
- Misuse of alcohol/drugs/gambling and/or food
- Seeking out high-risk/dangerous pursuits